Let’s take a look at your personal chart. This is where it gets really interesting!
PlanetDharma’s AstroDharma Reference Guide may be helpful to translate the symbols and provide basic information. (You can access it here, if you haven’t already downloaded it.)
We recommend making a note of your answers, so you can easily refer back to the information later. You can download a printable worksheet here.
Not sure where to look on your chart to answer the questions? We’ve created an example using the natal chart for the Dalai Lama. You can find it here.
Take a moment to look at your chart, and then visit the Aries forum for activities guiding you on your chart study:
1) Do you have any planets in Aries? What are they?
(If you don’t have any planets in Aries, that’s also completely normal.)
2) Where is your Mars located? What sign and what house?
3) What sign is your Ascendant? Do you have any planets close (within ten degrees)
4) Do you have any planets in your first house? What are they?
(If you don’t have any planets in the first house, that’s normal too.)
What zodiac sign(s) are in the 1st house?
5) Go through the list of gifts and challenges associated with Aries and Mars (below) and make note of any that resonate really strongly for you, that you feel you have a strong connection with. Make a separate list of any qualities that are difficult for you to imagine manifesting yourself. Once more there are no right or wrong answers. This is simply an exercise to get a feeling for the nature of your connection with Aries and Mars energies.
Instinctive / Sexual
No follow through
Since this course is just beginning, the meaning of all this won’t be clear just yet.
Keep these notes for future reference: As we go, we’ll get a better sense for the energies of more signs and planets and houses, and how they all interrelate.
Aries, the great initiator, gives us the courage and energy to take on any challenge. In order to do this, we must be bold and trust things will turn out well. The practice of dana is one way we cultivate this bold curiosity.