Here’s the low-down on what you’ll need for the year-long program:
- In-person attendance for a two-week retreat at Clear Sky, Cranbrook, BC, Canada, Jan. 1-17, 2016, on the Visuddhimagga, and
- In-person attendance for two-week retreat at Clear Sky, Dec. 16-31, 2016, based on the exercises in Womb, Karma & Transcendence, by Namgyal Rinpoche.
- Ongoing reading;
- Ongoing engagement, including:
- Regular access to high-speed internet access
- Consistent attendance of weekly streaming classes on Mondays (between 60 and 90 minutes each), or weekly viewing of the recording.
-Apr 25 – May 16 Teachings on assigned Mahayana sutras
-Aug 8 – Aug 29 Teachings on the four levels of Tantra
-Nov 7 – Nov 28 Teachings on The Womb, Karma and Transcendence
- Streaming classes will be offered via an online webinar software like Fuze, Google Hangouts or the equivalent. Connection details will be provided well in advance, and we’ll make it as easy as possible for you. And please connect 10-15 minutes early to ensure your own minimal technical distress.
- Weekly online office hour on Saturdays to engage in questions and answers on the reading and teachings;
- –Mar 5 – Mar 26 Majjhima Nikaya suttas-Apr 30 – May 21 Mahayana sutras-Aug 13 – Sept 3 The four levels of Tantra-Nov 12 – Dec 3 The Womb, Karma and Transcendence
- Weekly postings / discussions on an online platform such as Juice (http://juice.clearskycenter.org/) or an equivalent;
- Three-day, at-home retreats:
- -Mar 25-27, on the Brahma Viharas;-May 21-23, on the Common Foundations (Four Thoughts That Turn The Mind);-Sept 3-5, on on Chenrezig & Compassion.
- A one-time program fee of US$475 to cover program operating costs for the year. (This fee increases to $500 for payments made after Nov. 5th.) Please note that Clear Sky retreat costs are separate and not included. Click here to make this payment.
- A healthy year-round dāna practice.
- Ongoing commitment to your own and others’ spiritual unfoldment, including (aspiring) awakening in this lifetime.
- Regular personal meditation practice;
- An open heart and open mind.
The whole course description can be found on the original event page, here.